- Thank goodness the CAC dropped the ridiculous plan to move TOPS to Thurgood Marshall and Montlake to the TOPS building.
- Glad to see Summit K-12 left in its current building. Staff and parents want to be more centrally located, but were opposed to the decrepit Wilson-Pacific building as a new location.
- Pleased that High Point and Fairmount Park have agreed to merge.
However, we still have:
- Two of three autism programs slated for closure. (Graham Hill and Viewlands)
- A school with strong community support (Sacajawea) slated for closure despite demographic predictions of increasing student population in that area.
- No suggested solution for the only south end Montessori program (Graham Hill). The report says "opportunities for relocation may emerge during the District's closure process." Vague and unhelpful.
- No suggested solution for the 4 programs currently in the John Marshall building serving very difficult to serve populations.
- Not sure how appropriate the Boren building is for Pathfinder.
Overall, while the revisions are positive, this plan is still too aggressive and flawed, with key details missing.