We Deserve Better

If you haven't already, read the article today by Trish Millines Dziko in the Seattle Times, Seattle schools in crisis.

I agree completely that the board should be held accountable for the school closure mess as it stands. Trish also emphasizes the point I raised in my "I Supported School Closures" posting about the mistake of pursuing this one initiative in isolation.

Where I disagree with Trish is on her optimistic assessment of the superintendent. If Raj were truly "doing everything the CACIEE asked," he would have formulated and articulated a vision.

We need a new superintendent, but I don't trust the current board to hire one. So let's get rid of all of them and start with a clean slate. We deserve better --- better schools, a better plan, and better leadership.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?