Today is the final Board vote on the school closure plan. Open questions in my mind include:
- Will any Board members propose amendments to the plan? Or will they just vote on the plan as it currently exists?
- If any amendments are proposed, will Sally propose to drop the Viewlands/Greenwood merger? The Viewlands community has been continuing strong advocacy work, with some solid facts about the effectiveness of that school in serving low-income and special needs students.
- Will any details finally be provided about what is happening to the programs at the John Marshall building? I don't see how the Board can vote to approve the plan without more details on that aspect.
- Will any more information about Mary Bass's alternative plan come out?
- Will the Board have a united or divided front at tonights meeting?
I probably won't be able to make the meeting tonight. If you attend, please post comments and let me know what happens.