For the issue of principal assignment, which I posted about yesterday, here are the details:
- Meet with Superintendent, CAO, Education Directors and HR to debrief the 2003-04 Principal Selection Process and Timelines. (HR Director)
- Meet with the PASS Resolution Team (5 PASS and 5 District team members) to review 2003-04 Principal Selection Process and Timeline, review recommendations from Superintendent committee, determine what worked and what needs to be changed, and develop recommendations. (Labor Relations Director)
- Take PASS Resolution Team recommendations to PAL Committee for review, discussion and possible development of a public review process. (HR Director)
- Implement 2004-05 Principal Selection Process and Timeline. (Human Resources)
All of this was to be completed in 2004/2005. Did any of it happen? I certainly can't find any evidence of it.
Here are the people to follow-up with on this question if you, like me, are appalled with the principal assignment process:
- HR Director --- Jane Westergaard-Nimocks, email@example.com, 206-252-0027
- Labor Relations --- Jane Westergaard-Nimocks (again -- see above) and Lynelle Ross, firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-252-0025
Please post here and let us know what you find out about the Principal Selection Process and Timeline.