Roxhill is not going to be closed. The rest of Raj's recommendation as listed in the Board Meeting Agenda remains the same.
The relevant text from the Board meeting agenda follows:
The recommended motion is: "I move that the School Board take the following action related to school closure and consolidation:
1. Close the Genesee Hill building and expand the alternative K-8 West Seattle program by joining the Pathfinder and Cooper communities in the Cooper building.
2. Close the Pinehurst building and co-locate the AS #1 and Summit programs in the Jane Addams building.
3. Expand the Broadview-Thomson program from a K-5 to a K-8 and merge the Viewlands program, including the autism inclusion program, into Broadview-Thomson.
I further move that the School Board endorse the Superintendent’s recommendation that:
1. Affected students will receive notification of their assignment for 2007-08 prior to the Open Enrollment Period (January 16-February 20, 2007).
2. Families will have the opportunity to participate in open enrollment if they want their student to attend a different school.
3. When an older child in a family is reassigned to a new school for September 2007 as a result of school closure/consolidation, incoming siblings applying for that school will have "sibling priority" for admission to the older child’s newly assigned school.
Read the full text of Raj's final recommendation for more details.