Garfield Cost Overruns

According to this morning's PI article, Garfield's renovation costs are now projected to be over $100M. I knew that materials' costs had shot up but a labor shortage? That I hadn't heard about even during my discussions with Facilities. I'm sure, though, that the Board will okay this overrun (they already took the money that had been allotted for a modest Bilingual Orientation Center for midde/high school students to pay for the first cost overrun).

This is somewhat ironic for me as I am working on Roosevelt's archives and found the 1924 article about how the original Roosevelt building was over $1M (that's a lot in 1924) and how the PI thought it was wrong and that people should protest it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?