The fact sheet is quite long (7 pages), so I've posted a link to it so readers can read the entire piece.
Below is an excerpt from the introduction and a list of the section headings:
"Cooper Elementary is not a wise choice for school closure. Relocating Pathfinder K-8 to Cooper Elementary would result in significantly insufficient capacity in the West Seattle North Cluster to serve area students. 56 displaced Cooper students would be mandatorily forced to bus outside of their cluster, a clear violation of the SPS student assignment plan. Additionally, displacing vulnerable Cooper students would cause significant academic and socio-emotional harm to Cooper’s historically marginalized student population."
- Cooper serves an increasing population of diverse learners
- Cooper serves 139 students living in the West Seattle North Cluster
- Closing Cooper will have far-reaching negative effects
- Cooper has strong WASL scores for its student demographic
- Cooper is a model school for serving students with Autism
- Cooper has a unique environmental education program
- Cooper is a model school for technology instruction and integration
- Cooper has strong before and after-school programs
- Cooper holds important historical relevance to the Community