So I was wrong about there being a meeting at 4 pm today. It was just a media briefing which has already happened.
See Cooper on list of school-closure “final recommendations” on the West Seattle Blog for details.
I'm reading the West Seattle Blog post myself right now and will add more to this post in a few minutes.
Full document of final recommendations is online on district page.
Changes from last time:
- AS#1 is not closing but Summit is. However, AS#1 must create a restructuring plan and transportation is now limited to two clusters (North and Northeast). "If AS#1 does not meet the metrics outlined in the restructuring plan we will evaluate discontinuing the program for fall 2010."
- Thornton Creek is not moving and expanding to K-8; instead a new traditional K-8 will be in Jane Addams building.
- TT Minor General Ed program moved to Lowell. TT Minor Montessori still moving to Leschi.
And a bunch of the options discussed in December (like Montlake closing) are off the table.
- Final Recommendation Report plus first portion of Appendices (File size 5 MB)- 159 pages
- Final Recommendation Appendices - Part II (maps)- 27 pages
The 20 people who will get to speak during public testimony at tomorrow night's Board meeting are:
1. Carol Simmons, Alliance Grant
2. Chris Jackins, Alliance Grant
3. Dazanne Porter, African-American Academy
4. Ricky Malone, African-American Academy
5. Rachel Miller, APP / Lowell
6. Julie Weed, APP / Lowell
7. Chris Fitzgerald, APP / Lowell
8. Stacey Deveney, APP Split
9. Adam Ellner, APP / Washington
10. Leslie Harris, Capacity Management
11. Felecia Job, Closure Plan
12. Tom Johnston, Closure Process
13. Dan Landers, Capacity Management
14. Dave Overman, Summit K-12
15. Karen Kosoglad, Summit K-12
16. Jane Maurer, Summit K-12
17. Viola Spencer, Summit K-12
18. Cori Jaeger, School Closures
19. Akemi Hart, Sup't. Final Recommendation
20. Meg Diaz, Sup't. Final Recommendation
For those people still wanting to testify, there is another Board meeting on Wednesday the 21st, and then a Public Hearing on Closures is scheduled for Thursday, January 22nd, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the Stanford Center.
The Board vote is at a special meeting one week later on Thursday, January 29th starting at 6 pm at the Stanford Center.