You can read the School District's Annual Report to the Community for 2009 on the District web site.
I just have some random notes.
* If this is an annual report, where is the report from last year? I don't remember seeing it.
* The report is a weird mix of things that were actually done, things that are in progress but not done, and things that have been promised but not started, all of them written about as if they have all actually been done. This is a common, if transparent, deception by the District. They announce goals as if they were achievements.
* The report mentions how there is additional rigor at "Rainier Beach high School with a focus on science and technology and at Cleveland high School with a focus on visual and performing arts." They got them switched. This has been fixed.
* They continue to confuse WASL pass rates as WASL test scores. I hate that.
* The report claims that they have already made the cuts to save $4 million in administrative expenses. Have they?