Here's some good ones that I found:
STEM - a lot of good articles.
- STEM Defection Seen to Occur After High School - Schools produce a strong supply of STEM candidates but many go into other fields once they graduate from high school, a study says.
- STEM as a Curriculum - "We must first recognize STEM as a unitary idea, not simply a grouping of 4 disciplines in a convenient, pronounceable acronym," write Jan Morrison & Raymond V. Barlett. This is written by the woman who runs the institute, TIES (Teaching Institute for Excellence in STEM) which I had hoped the district might use to create the program at Cleveland.
- Going from STEM to STEAM - interesting article about addition an "A" for Arts to a STEM program.
- Tiny School District Sues Citizens Who Seek Info - a school district in Arizona is seeking to prevent 4 parents from filing open records requests without first getting permission from a judge.
- Stagnating NAEP Math Scores Seen as No Surprise - about the stall out of math scores on the National Assessment of Education progress tests for 4th graders
- Book Trains Critical Eye on AP Program's Impact - how AP expectations are holding up
- NAEP Board Curbs Special Ed. and ELL Exclusions