However, they didn't make that clear to the Board at yesterday's Work Session and I wanted to let anyone know who was planning to come to today's Work Session. It will NOT be just about capacity management but will include the budget.
I attended the Board Executive Committee meeting this morning and a couple of the Board members let it be known that they had not expected this to happen without some notice.
From the Board webpage:
Note to Public: The board and district leadership are taking an Integrated Planning approach to the 2011-12 student assignment plan transition, long-range capacity management, program placement for 2011-12, and budget development for 2011-12. Upcoming work sessions and workshops may focus on one or two areas per workshop but may have information on all topics. This calendar will be updated as the work moves forward. Those work sessions are:
- Tuesday, November 30, 4:00-8:00pm (Student assignment, academic assurances, and program placement)
- Wednesday, December 1, 4:00-8:00pm (Student assignment transition, budget)
- Wednesday, December 8, 4:00-5:30pm
- Thursday, December 9, 4:00-7:00pm
- Wednesday, December 15, 4:00-7:00pm (Budget estimates (Strategic plan, program placement)
- Wednesday, January 12, 4:00-8:00pm (Budget)
Also, if you see a Board member, be extra nice. The Executive Committee meeting (another thread) was 3 hours long. Yesterday they had a 4 hour work session and today there is another. So Kay, Michael and Steve will have been working on SPS issues for at least 7 hours just today. A round of applause for their hard work.