I have to say that with very few elementary schools having a tour during Early Enrollment (ending Jan. 31), it might make it hard for parents to decide "do I enroll now or do I want to want for Open Enrollment?"
Elementary school tours are organized by service area:
- Aki Kurose Service Area
- Denny Service Area
- Eckstein Service Area
- Hamilton Service Area
- Madison Service Area
- McClure Service Area
- Mercer Service Area
- Washington Service Area
- Whitman Service Area
The district has put out some info on enrollment.
- if you are continuing at your school (or are a new student who completes Early Enrollment by Jan. 31), you should receive a confirmation letter by mid-March. Assignment letters will confirm continuing assignments or provide notification of new assignments for 2011-12. These are initial assignments, and nothing further is required if the family wishes to keep the initial assignment. If a student wishes to attend a school other than the school listed in the initial assignment letter, then they need to submit a choice application during Open Enrollment.
- Open Enrollment is March 15-31st.
- I would put a link to the elementary school tours but following their directions, I don't see it. (I can see if I search by each individual region, I can find a list but that's nuts. I'll call and ask about it tomorrow.) Here's the link for high school tours. Note: West Seattle has one on Tuesday the 11th and Sealth and Franklin have tours on Thursday the 13th. Here's the link for middle school/K-8s tour. Eckstein had one last Friday, McClure has one on the 13th.
- Executive Committee Meeting, Tuesday the 11th, 8-10 a.m. This one could be interesting (and a heads up) because they will review Board member amendments for the Transition Plan.
- On Wednesday, the 12th, Director Smith-Blum has a community meeting from 10-11:30 am (however it is not on her community meetings page - call to check). Also there is a Board Work Session on the 2011-2012 budget from 4-8 p.m.
- On Thursday, the 13th, there is an Audit and Finance Committee meeting from 4-6 pm
- On Saturday the 15th, Director DeBell has a community meeting from 9-11 am at Cafe Appassionato, 4001 21st Ave W.
I wasn't able to go to the Board retreat on Saturday but here were the agenda topics. Intriguing, no?
- Board Governance
- Constituent Relations
- Looking Forward