Transportation Meeting on Thursday

Update: just received a news release from the district. There will be additional meetings in other parts of the city, TBA. There is more info on the press release but I'd like to write a separate thread. I just wanted to update you that there WILL be more meetings on this issue.

The public meeting on Transportation issues/changes is:
Thursday, the 27th at Aki Kurose Middle School,
3928 S Graham St from 7-8:30 p.m.


Thursday, Feb. 3
6:30-8 p.m.
at Hamilton International Middle School, 1610 N. 41st
and,
Wednesday, Feb. 8
6:30-8 p.m.
at Denny International Middle School, 8402 30th Ave. S.W.


This is at the "new" SPS website but nowhere on the old one. (I know the Seattle Council PTSA has sent this out but it should be available at the district website. It should be on the Transportation homepage; it's not.)

I don't know (and neither does the Board office) when this issue will go before the Board.

Comments

Charlie Mas said…
Number 1 question:

How many students who are now provided with transportation to school under the current service standards would lose transportation under the proposed service standards?
I did write to the Board about the lack of notice and that there's just one meeting for the whole city.
Anonymous said…
The Proposed Service Standards are now linked to from the Transportation Page, but you have to go back to the Board Agenda page to get to the Transportation Power Point where it says (slide 21) that 54 kids in the Aki Kurose Service area would lose transportation. I don't know how this would scale over the District. It seems like it would most heavily impact the NE, where many students could not get seats at their neighborhood schools over many years.
maureen said…
Anonymous was me (is anyone else having trouble using their google name here? I get "There are errors in this form!" when I try).
Josh Hayes said…
[OT]

Maureen, I had similar problems on other web sites, went to Google, and changed my password on my google name. Presto, problem solved. You might give it a whirl.

{/OT]

And thanks for the links, Maureen; I'll have to check them out!
Maureen said…
Thanks Josh!

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?