Heads Up for Friday and Saturday Meetings

 Update: the BEX Oversight Committee meeting for tomorrow has been CANCELED.   (Not enough for a quorum so I guess they really need those new members.)

Friday
In case anyone is interested and available, the next BEX Oversight Committee meeting is tomorrow morning (Friday, 4/8) from 8:30 am-10:30 am at headquarters upstairs in room 2750.  (Sign in at the front desk and they give you a code for access to upstairs.  Take a left after you exit the stairwell or elevator.  Sit along the side of the room.  Agendas and minutes are on the table.  Coffee is for the members.)

One of the issues that will be discussed is bringing in some new members to the Committee.  I will report back on that issue and I hope some of you consider applying.  They need a broader view.  Also, it was interesting because the head of Facilities, Bill Martin, at the last meeting, seemed to think that staff would pick these new members.  A little amusing that he would think he could appoint people to oversee his own work.

Also I note that the Board is having an Executive Session tomorrow morning called "evaluation of the qualifications of an applicant for public employment."  Someone challenged the qualifications necessary for a job or if they had the right ones?  Interesting.


Saturday
Director Carr Community Meeting - 8:30-10 am at Bethany Community Church
Director Sundquist Community Meeting - 11:00 am-12:30 p.m. at High Point Library

Comments

Kathy said…
Bainbridge Island School District has a Citizen Oversight Committee.

According to a particular board member, additional oversight assures greater transparency.

Seems like the more eyes- the better.

I agree, best if head of department does not choose individual.
Anonymous said…
What do you all think about having board directors having meetings at churches?

I don't think its a huge deal but I think they should be more thoughtful to have it in a secular place.

soynonymous
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherry's is in a meeting place in a church and Peter's is in the church building. I wish those meetings were in some other place but I know it is hard to find decent space (the libraries fill up fast).

I kind of prefer the church space to the coffee houses as I find that the coffee places are very noisy (especially Diva where Harium has his).
Maureen said…
Sherry used to have them at The Greenwood Neighborhood Service Center until the city had to close it down.

I think it's great that the Bethany Community Church lets community members use their meeting rooms. You don't even have to be a member. They are filling a need (I suppose they benefit from it too.)

I always feel like I have to buy something when I go to Diva for Harium's meetings.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?