WSSDA (Washington State School Directors Association) alignment work:
In consultation with WSSDA, the Board is reviewing and updating each section of policies. The revisions will happen a section at a time. The policies will be renumbered in order to follow the WSSDA model. For example, Section B, Board of Directors, will become Series 1000.
This website will post the proposed policies prior to their adoption in order to invite public input.
- Series 1000 will be an Introduction item on May 4th and an Action item on June 1st.
- New Series 1000 policies
- Public comments for this series are due on May 18th by 5pm in order for the Board to have an opportunity to review them. Please send your comments via e-mail to Schoolboard@seattleschools.org.
- New Policy D85.00, Student Fees & Charges, scheduled for Introduction on May 4 and Action May 18
- Amended Policy G23.00 and New Procedure G23.01, Office of Internal Audit, scheduled for Introduction on May 4 and Action May 18
- Amended Policy F08.00, Tobacco-Free Environment, scheduled for Introduction on May 18 and Action June 1
- Amended Policy C11.00 and repeal of policies C12.00, C13.00 and C14.00, scheduled for Introduction on May 4 and Action May 18
- Amended Policy D43.00 and repeal of policies D44.00, D45.00 and D46.00, scheduled for Introduction on May 4 and Action May 18
If you have any questions regarding policies, please contact the School Board Office at the email above or 206-252-0040. Thank you.