MondayCurriculum and Instruction meeting from 4-6 p.m. All the agenda says is "Board policies C and D."
"C" is Curriculum & Instruction and covers the following: curriculum (world languages, adoption of instructional materials, approval of supplementary instructional materials), instructional resources, instructional programs (online learning), Special Education and Staff Development.
"D" is Students and covers the following: student assignement, student rights and responsibilities and discipline.
I don't know what the meeting will cover but one reader said it may be about online learning.
WednesdayWork Session: Distribution Services from 4-5:30 p.m. Should be educational because I know almost nothing about this area.
Public Hearing about the Debt Service Fund (which services our bond debts like BEX and the debt on the Stanford Headquarters). This is from 5:30-5:45 p.m. and it's short because it's likely to be only me and Chris Jackins testifying.
Board Meeting - 6-9:00 p.m. The agenda seems short but who knows? Maybe we'll have a good discussion around TFA.
ThursdayOperations Committee from 4-6 p.m.
The agenda is a real lollapalooza of items including
- the capital monthly report,
- final acceptance of the Hamilton project,
- some kind of elevator emergency at Denny/Sealth,
- the purchase of ORCA cards,
- capital project planning policies,
- BEX advisory committee charter and
- energy conservation follow-up.
SaturdayThe first of the school year community meeting with Director Martin-Morris from 9:30-11:30 am at Diva Espresso on Lake City Way and 80th.
There is also a Parent Summit at Cleveland High from 7:30 am to 1:30 p.m. All parents are invited to attend and here's the program:
Join the Seattle Alliance of Black School Educators and the U.S. Department of Education in partnership with Seattle Public Schools to learn about current educational initiatives and resources available to you and your students.
Topics covered at this event include:
- School Reform
- Parent and Family Engagement
- Seattle Public Schools Initiatives
- The Importance of Social Emotional Skills in Early Learning
- How to Protect Yourself and others from Civil Rights Violations
- Reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (also known as No Child Left Behind)
- Early Learning Education
- Turn Around Schools
- Title 1 Supplemental Education Services
There will be a continental breakfast and snacks but no lunch provided.
I could not get information about what kind of workshops or parent input they will have. I wish I could be more enthused about this but I always find it odd when you can't get real information about what will happen at any given meeting. I tried but didn't get much feedback.