CPPS' "Parent Friendly" School Board Candidate forum at Washington Middle School, 2101 South Jackson St. from 7-8:30 p.m.
The district is having an Early Enrollment evening with the help of the Asian Counseling /Referral Service from 5:30 pm- 7:00 pm. Here's a blurb from ACRS's website about them:
Asian Counseling and Referral Service (ACRS) is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization offering a broad array of human services and behavioral health programs to Asian Pacific Americans in King County. ACRS is the largest multiservice organization serving all the different Asian Pacific American communities - immigrants, refugees and American born - in the Pacific Northwest.
Tuesday, October 11th
Audit and Finance Committee Meeting (Audit) from 4-6 p.m. The agenda reflects the following:
- audit response
- performance audit (capital) follow-up
- Special Investigation (Pottergate)
- 09-10 Audits (I have no idea what this is about.)
- Internal Auditor report of work plan
- Risk Management Vision (I look forward to hearing about this)
Final Intermediate Term Capacity Management Meeting, Hamilton, 1610 N 41st from
North Seattle School Board Candidate Forum at Olympic View Elementary, 504 NE 95th St. from 6:30-8:30 p.m. This one will feature a debate between me and Paul Guppy of the Washington Policy Center about the Families and Education levy with the candidate forum starting at 7 p.m. Free childcare available.
Wednesday, October 12th
Executive Committee Meeting from 8-10 am. The agenda reflects the following:
- physical education grant
- Legislative agenda
- community engagement
- a section called "executive committee discussion" with a myriad of topics like increasing revenue for ASB funds, letter to State Board of Education about graduation requirements, Board retreat follow-up, communications/community partnerships
Thursday, October 13th
Audit&Finance Committee Meeting (Finance), 4-6 p.m. The agenda reflects the following:
- Update on year end financial reports
- 2011-2012 Enrollment and Staffing update (including WSS/core staffing)
- 2012-2013 Budget
- Community schools expenditures reporting (including the JSCDD bond debt)
Friday, October 14th
BEX Oversight Committee, touring schools in Edmonds from 8-10 am and then the Committee will meet at Lynnwood High School, 18218 North Road, Bothell from 10-noon.
Saturday, October 15th
Community Meeting - Director DeBell from 9-11 am at Caffe Appasionato, 4001 21st Ave W.
Family & Community Symposium, to help your student succeed with workshops for families and community partners at Garfield High School from 9:00 am-2:30 p.m. Light breakfast and lunch will be provided as well as interpretation services and transportation. Contact Bernardo Ruiz, Manager for Famliy&Community Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 252-0693.