So much to talk about and so little time to get to all of it. But coming up:
- School Board meeting - nothing like very small children singing "Help!" and saying, "when I was younger so much younger than today". You mean like when you were a baby? Adorable kids from West Woodland.
Then there were the Nova kids who gave moving testimony about their trans-gendered struggles and but yet again, they find compassion and a home at Nova.
After that, it got quite interesting with a new parent group announcing itself (with one single issue), TFA and assorted other issues.
- BEX - this is coming fast and there is a lot to cover
- future permanent homes for Nova, SBOC and Lowell at Lincoln; any thoughts?
- a big uh, oh from Transportation (hint, we didn't save any money on the neighborhood plan)
- one update - turns out, according to Publicola, that because of redistricting, that DeBell now lives in the 43rd and not the 36th. They seem to think that besides moving back to the 36th to run, he would have to resign his Board seat to run for the Legislature but I don't see why. Plenty of people run for another office while holding a different one. DeBell's own Board seat isn't up for re-election until Nov. 2013. But this is a wait-and-see thing - he may not be interested at all.
Anyone know the legal issues around running for office when you hold an office?