A new scenario draft was available at the meeting and it raised some questions.
- it shows that the World School would stay at a renovated Meany but share it with a smaller middle school (400 seats).
- I was told the Roxhill and Arbor Heights principals had okayed a merge but it is not clear it's a done deal.
- the costs for the buildings look better, about $30M for an elementary but I think it could be cheaper and oddly between $45-75 for Thorton Creek K-8 and $70M for Wilson-Pacific and Olympic Hills.
- In EVERY scenario there is $32M for a South Lake Union school. The word I heard (not from staff) is that some businesses would give the land if we build it. Not this BEX. You don't give up that kind of cash when other schools are hurting.
- maybe repurpose Jane Addams as a 6-8 middle school