Executive Committee meeting, 8am-10am. Agenda. Highlights:
- Review of upcoming Board meetings
- Legislative session update
- Memorial Stadium (interesting because it is at this committee meeting and not Operations)
- community engagement (no idea what this might mean)
- redistricting Director district boundaries (I mentioned this previously; minor tweaks based on the legislative redistricting)
- transition issues (for our new superintendent)
Work Session: BEX IV from 4-5:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 10th
Audit&Finance Committee meeting from 4-6 p.m. Agenda. Highlights:
- Lake City Lease termination
- Affirmative Action plan
- Policy 6882 - Leases and Sales of properties (I have never read this one so I don't know if it is new or a replacement.)
- Budget development update
BEX Oversight Committee meeting, from 8:30-10:30 am, Room 2750, JSCEE
Saturday, May 12th
Director Carr Community meeting from 8:30am-10:00am at Bethany Community Church, 8023 Green Lake Dr - Christian Education Building (corner of N 81st and Stone Ave N). The entrance can be accessed from N 81st Street, next to the playground.
Building Bridges for Summer Learning program from 9:30 am - 2:30 p.m. at Chief Sealth High School.
Tips on preventing summer learning loss with workshops on technology, positive discipline, youth workshops, grade-level transitions, STEM, etc.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Luis Ricardo Fraga
Associate Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement
Russell F. Stark University Professor
Director, Diversity Research Institute
Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Washington
Children's activities and transportation will be provided. Light breakfast and lunch will be served. Interpreters will be provided.
Director Smith-Blum Community meeting from 10-11:30 am, location TBA.