Sunday Open Thread

Better late than never.

What's on your mind?

Comments

Dorothy Neville said…
Our house got called today for opinion survey about public charter schools. Don't know who sponsored it. Fascinating to me is that they asked for my 18 yo son (who registered to vote on his birthday). This was one of four opinion survey calls for him in past three days. I don't think they were all from same firm, but am not sure. He doesn't use our landline so I'm not sure what the others wanted.
Charlie Mas said…
I got the same call.

I think the fellow working in the call center was a bit surprised by how well I knew the issue.
Anonymous said…
In honor of the Olympics, here's a link to "Top 10 British Words" from Merriam Webster:

top-10-favorite-british-words

pukka
Anonymous said…
Has Banda been meeting with parents? I haven't seen anything about him having community meetings. I would like him to meet with people outside of district HQ and outside of the PTA.

I would like him to hear about some of the issues that district personell probably wouldn't bring up. Not necessarily to hide anything, but because they have a different experience of the district than parents do.

-wondering
Wondering, I suspect he's getting the lay of the land, hiring, etc. I think community meetings might happen after school starts (as summer is a bad time to have them with so many people gone/disconnected).
Anonymous said…
If anyone knows what recycle/sanitation workers on on strike about, I'd like to know. What are their grievances? Any links available? Thanks.

n...

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces