This week's memo has some interesting bits including:
- The District has reached a revised agreement with Seattle Parks and Recreation that works with the new bell times.
- Some movement on Seattle Center, a "Visioning" committee, and two Board Directors will be on the Committee.
- The plans for the growth of "Dual Language" schools. That's the new name for Language Immersion.
- News that the District intends to place HCC elementary students in the Decatur building (formerly Thornton Creek elementary). They will not be sharing the building.
- There are close to 100 employees with pending certificates.
- The outcome of a complaint about discriminatory practices in the assignment of students with disabilities to Option Schools. The complaint was appealed to the Board and the Board's decision - which makes for excellent reading - is attached to the Friday Memo.
- Recommendations from the Assessment Steering Committee. There's some pretty big stuff in here, about all kinds of assessment issues. None of them, however, seem tied to MTSS.
- The plan for paying off the debt on the JSCEE. It was originally promised that the debt would be paid from the savings that were realized.