Date: Sat., Jan. 28, 2017, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Location: Cleveland STEM High School
5511 15th Ave S Seattle, WA 98108
The Seattle Public Schools Admissions Office is pleased to host the second annual Option School Choice Fair. Representatives from all of our option schools and Advanced Learning, Nutrition Services, Transportation, Enrollment Planning, many other SPS departments will be present to answer your questions!
- Bring your documents to enroll you students
- Discover alternative learning experience options
- Learn about school boundary changes and new schools
- Enjoy refreshments
- Meet other families and students
This event will offer perspective on the SPS school choice process, unique offerings at each option school, new schools opening, school boundary changes, and other key information to help you choose the right school for your student.
To attend an option school, a student must apply during Open Enrollment, which is open from February 13 until February 24, 2017. School choice forms will be available beginning
2017-18 Option SchoolsElementary Schools
- Cedar Park
- John Stanford International
- McDonald International
- Queen Anne
- Thornton Creek
- Louisa Boren STEM
- Hazel Wolf
- Licton Springs
- Salmon Bay
- South Shore (PreK-8)
- Cleveland STEM
- Nova HS
- Seattle World School
- Center School
- That there are now more K-8 Option schools than elementary schools is interesting. (There are currently three K-8 non-Option schools but that will go down to two when Madrona changes to just a K-5.)
- Still a bit odd that dual-language schools in the north-end are Option but in the south-end, they are Assignment schools.
- Nova and Center schools are still hanging on but I worry about what happens if their numbers don't increase. I worry more about Center than Nova because Nova has been around much longer. Of course, even with low numbers, where would those students go to?