Roe V Wade Overturned

 Going to just jump right in here because this decision will affect most women (even if you, like me, can no longer have children). 

I should read the opinion(s) but I'd like to keep my breakfast down. 

The course of many girls and young women's lives will change because of this ruling. 

It will FORCE some of them to carry to term, a baby they don't want. 

It will FORCE some to carry a fetus that came from rape or incest. 

It will KILL some either by a young body unable to carry a child OR trying some back alley way to abort the fetus. 

Any girls or young women who think, "Oh, I'll just get a pill for the abortion," ladies, they are coming for that next. 

It will certainly create a cottage industry in any border cities which means - again - some girls/women will die from an abortion by an unqualified person. 

Some girls and women will have to give up their dreams about jobs and college. But here's where women my age come in. If your daughter wants to continue her dream AND is forced to bear a child, then YOU may end up giving up your retirement dreams to help raise that child. YOU may have to work longer to help financially support that child.

Yes, yes, you can always put up a baby for adoption. Who will adopt these millions of babies? Do we have the foster care infrastructure for many more unwanted children?

You know who always gets left out of these discussions - boys and men who impregnant these girls and women. Why is the impact of this decision not felt by them? 

We should demand laws that say that when a girl or woman has a child they are being forced to keep, an immediate DNA test is done. If it's who the girl/woman says it is, then that guy gets his social security number notated and any legal work he does for the next 18 years, first thing out of that paycheck is child support. Always.

Boys and men need to take their responsibility just as girls and women are being forced to. I would urge mothers of sons (and I have sons and they know this) that if they live in your house, they will be paying child support to your grandchild. 

I'm sure some of you believe that abortion is killing a baby. Scientifically and legally, it isn't but yes, extract a clump of living, growing cells from a body and you do kill something. 

But I don't believe because of religious beliefs or any other belief, I have the right to tell any other woman or girl how the course of their life will go for perhaps a one-night mistake.

 I don't believe I have the right to tell a woman she may have to die so the baby will live. I don't believe I have the right to tell a woman with an ectopic pregnancy, she will just have to die because she will not receive treatment for it. 

I especially don't believe I have the right to tell a victim of rape or incest that she has to bear pregnancy and childbirth - two of the most intimate times in a female life - because I say so. 

But that's just me. 

Comments

Disheartened said…
I am with you 100%. This decision will not stand the test of time.


Webster said…
How are they supposed to even feed these babies?

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces