Your Child's New Teacher Would Like a Word

 Hello, parents of room #231!

Allow me to introduce myself: I am your child’s new ChatGPTchr©, streamed into the classroom to replace the recently downsized Ms. Jackson.

I know! I miss her, too, but it is important to keep in mind that technological advancement must bring both winners and losers. If I run into her out on the internet searching for jobs, I will tell her you said “hi.” I’m sure she will love that!

It's a funny piece to read but I wanted to continue on to what software Seattle Schools is using that does use AI.

- Microsoft 365 Suite

- Adobe Express and Photoshop:Adobe Firefly

- Canva

- MagicSchool AI education-focused AI for staff and students

What is fascinating is that the district has a link about MagicSchoolAI to Common Sense Education, which is a non-profit, research-backed group that works to educate families about tech media. They give MagicSchool.AI a 63% with a warning.

This product received a Warning rating based on the following details:
  • Personal information is not sold or rented to third parties.
  • Personal information is not shared for third-party marketing.
  • Unclear whether this product displays personalised advertising.
  • Data are collected by third-parties for their own purposes.
  • User's information is not used to track and target advertisements on other third-party websites or services.
  • Data profiles are not created and used for personalised advertisements.

You should read the entire review. Personally, I am appalled. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Breaking It Down: Where the District Might Close Schools

Seattle School Board Meeting for May 8, 2024 - Fasten Your Seatbelts