FYI

Saw that there is a 15-minute "Public Hearing" from 5:00-5:15 p.m. this Wednesday before the regular Board meeting at 6 p.m. The subject is I-728. Since it's so short, I would assume it's a legally necessary meeting for them to vote on something but it's not on the agenda so I don't know what it is about.

Also, a parent, Harium Martin-Morris, has announced he is running against Brita Butler-Wall in district III. I know him slightly as he was the PTSA president at Hale for a couple of years while my son was there. He has both a teaching certificate and an MBA. I thought that he tended to side with the principal and teachers more than supporting parent concerns but he's a pretty calm and level-headed person.

Comments

Beth Bakeman said…
Is there one place where you can go to see who's running for which School Board positions?
Ludwig Richter said…
Sherry Carr is also a candidate for the School Board. She is running for Darlene Flynn's position 2.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?