What will they be talking about?
- a contract modification for a company called Brainbox Consulting.*
- 2014-2015 Transportation Service Standards. This could be important as the Work Session yesterday on the budget had some wording on transportation and grandfathering in their presentation that I didn't understand. (I was unable to attend the Work Session and am only working off what was in the presentation.)
- Annual Capacity Management 2014-2015 - moved from being an update to an action report
- newly added - High School Target Enrollments from Tracy Libros
- and, as an update, the bell times survey
Ah Big Data, remember I told you about this. They also work on strategic plans so maybe that's how the district is using them. They developed the "data warehouse" for SPS. Here's what SPS says about them (at the Brainbox website):
We can now use accurate, timely, and accessible data about at risk students and many other performance indicators, to inform how we evaluate, invest in, and sustain programs. Having access to accurate data through the Academic Data Warehouse has been a game changer for us.
Assistant Superintendent of Operations, Seattle Public Schools