What neighbors were told at a meeting more than a year ago is that when they started this boring activity that there would be trucks hauling dirt coming out onto 12th Avenue NE every 5-8 minutes.
Please tell your children who attend RHS to be aware
of this activity and take precautions accordingly.Personally, I am hoping it won't be so bad but it is a huge uptick in traffic, noise and dust.
Starting the week of Aug. 24, tunneling operations for the Northgate Link extension’s two tunnel boring machines will be based out of Roosevelt Station. This means that neighbors can expect much more activity at the site day and night compared to the last several months.
Equipment that will be used frequently include:
- Trucks entering the site off Roosevelt Way NE and exiting northbound on 12th Avenue NE
- Tower crane delivering loads to tunneling crews
- Conveyor belts hauling tunnel spoils
- Grout plant pumping grout to the TBMs
- Cooling tower
- Mining vehicles and other equipment
- Worker’s communication equipment
City codes typically limit work to daytime hours defined as 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays and 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekends and holidays.
A Major Public Project Construction Variance allows the contractor to work during nighttime hours between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. weekdays and 10 p.m. and 9 a.m. weekends and holidays.
24-hour construction hotline: 888-298-2395