- If you sent an appeal to the
correct address, you may assume that it has been received and filed. We
do not have the resources to send individual receipts.
- Our office is currently swamped with emails and phone messages which would normally be answered by the same people who are scheduling and conducting assessments, making eligibility decisions, and processing letters for mailing. Please understand that there will be significant delays during this time. Emails will be screened daily to prioritize those requiring immediate response. Please do not send repeated messages or send to multiple people. This further clogs the system and slows down response time. We are working evenings and weekends to get the work done prior to the Open Enrollment deadline of March 7.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Testing continues through February.
- Scores and eligibility decisions are not available by phone or email. Please be patient.
- All eligibility decisions including appeals will be processed before the open enrollment deadline of March 7 if possible. Extensions will be made when necessary.(www.seattleschools.org/enrollment)
- Responses to email are much faster than responses to phone messages.
- Any two of the six reported CogAT scores at or above the threshold (87 for Spectrum, 98 for APP) count for eligibility.
If your child was tested for APP or Spectrum eligibility but you haven’t been notified yet, or you are appealing the advanced learning decision:· You can include APP or Spectrum choices on your application. If your child does not qualify, these choices will be deleted from your application. (For example, if you want to apply for Spectrum at a school but don’t know if your child will qualify, you can list Spectrum and then also list the same school without Spectrum if that would be your choice ahead of your assigned school.)Achievement scores on nationally normed standardized tests no older than Spring 2013 can be used to support Advanced Learning eligibility.
Students eligible for Spectrum or APP maintain their eligibility year to year as long as they are enrolled in an ALO school or a Spectrum or APP classroom.