The Start of a New School Year

As we begin the new school year (15th year for me), I want to say thank you for all the support from the community.  You have made my job easier and more enjoyable.  I love what I do and part of the credit for that goes to all of you.

I know many of you are outraged at the district.  I am outraged at the district also.  However, please know that the teachers here in Seattle are a highly skilled and dedicated group of professionals who take educating your children very seriously.  I appreciate that parents and the community in general see the difference.  We teachers say thank you.

I hope all of you (and your children) have a great year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you Michael. I too am outraged at the district and I am supremely happy to be done with it (our grad just started college this year). I feel like I have PTSD from 12 years of dealing with the district. The only bright spot has been the talented teachers who work to hold this district together. I consider it extremely lucky that my daughter had you for math.

FormerRamParent
Anonymous said…
Thank you teachers. You all and you all alone are the reasons I am happy with my kids schools.

-NW

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?