Monday, Feb. 18th
No school for the Presidents' Day holiday.
Reminder: Seattle Testing Tele Town Hall: What’s Next After the MAP boycott? Mon. Feb 18, 7pm PST. Toll-free dial in (866) 476-7782. A discussion of standardized testing in K-12 public education.
Also, you DO call in today (even if a holiday) to get on the speakers list for the Board meeting on Wednesday. It's 252-0040 or email@example.com
Tuesday, Feb. 19th
Protest of Michelle Rhee before her talk at Town Hall at 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 20th
School Board meeting starting at 4:15 p.m. Agenda
The agenda includes:
- intro of contract to start Arbor Heights planning
- intro of contract for Cedar Park planning
- intro of contract for Van Asselt reopening
- intro of contract for John Marshall reopening in 2013 (note that would be this fall). Interesting.
- intro of contract for new school at Thorton Creek (or equivalent site)
- intro of contract for New Jane Addams K-8 at Pinehurst
- intro of contract for new middle and elementary schools at Wilson-Pacific
In addition, there is just one action item - approval of yearbook contract.
Looking at this sparse agenda which is unlikely to have a lot of discussion (although none of the contracts are actually there to view at this point), I'm taking bets on how quickly they get through this meeting. They are calling it for 8p.m.
I'm thinking unless we see more complaining about the interim plan vote, the speakers list will be less than 10. I'm calling at 7:40 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 22nd
BEX Oversight Committee Meeting from 8:30-1030 am. I hope to make this one as I'm sure it will be interesting given that BEX did pass. I saw a new schematic for Schmitz Park - I still think it is overdesigned.
From the West Seattle Blog:
You can see the new graphics in multiple posts on the GSNC website at genesee-schmitz.org,
where there’s also a list of upcoming “community conversation” meetings
about the project: February 26, March 14, April 30, all at SP
Elementary, all at 6:30 pm.
Saturday, Feb. 23rd
Community Meeting with Director DeBell from 9-11 am at Cafe Appassionato near Fisherman's Terminal.
Community Meeting with Director Patu from 10 am to noon at Caffe Vita, 5028 Wilson Avenue S.