Malala Yousafzai - Unstoppable

Education matters and there are some in the world willing to fight for it (or die trying).

One of those is 14-year old Malala Yousafzai from Pakistan who was shot, point-blank in head, by Taliban supporters last year because of outspoken support of education for girls.  Her injuries were severe and she could have died.  She was left deaf in one ear and has sight problems. 

But she didn't.

And not only is she alive, she's walking and talking.

She said yesterday:

Today you can see that I am alive. I can speak, I can see you, I can see everyone and … I am getting better day by day. It's just because of the prayers of people. Because all people – men, women, children – all of them have prayed for me. 

"And because of these prayers God has given me this new life … and this is a second life. And I want to serve. I want to serve the people. I want every girl, every child, to be educated."

She also said:

"I don't mind if I have to sit on the floor at school.  All I want is education.  And I'm afraid of no one."  
She also said she is still willing to sacrifice herself...again.

An amazing person.  

Comments

Anonymous said…
She is an inspiring young woman.

HP
Anonymous said…
incredible. what an inspiration. this sister gives me chills.

I pray that this powerful young woman will be safe.

foroccupyingjsc
Unknown said…
Malala Yousafzai is lightning bolt of courage and inspiration for the world.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?