Blog On a Bit of a Hiatus

I will be unable to be updating the blog on a daily basis for a short period of time.  Fear not, there will be the Tuesday and Friday Open Threads (and Charlie may have something to say along the way.)

I have to confess I've been a bit confused by the reaction on the pro-charter side.  They seem happy to have won but also slightly miffed that the Governor didn't sign the bill.  They also seem to be on a game plan to try to discredit anyone who disagrees with them.

Now that's a odd thing because we all have differing opinions about what public education could/should/does look like and just as many ideas about how to move the needle. I am baffled at the notion that any one idea should get more traction (especially without heavy supporting evidence) than others (like fully funding schools or more wrap-around services.)

Who is to say what idea or direction is the best?  I'm not saying it's me but I'm also going to go out on a limb and say not Bill Gates, either.

An open and spirited discussion about all options, pros/cons, etc. is what is needed.

I'll leave you with this thought from Eleanor Roosevelt to consider:
Great minds discuss ideas

Average minds discuss events

Small minds discuss people.
I'll be back soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces