Honoring the Work of Director Betty Patu

From SPS Communications:
It is with mixed feelings that we announce the retirement of Director Aiomanu Betty Patu. Director Patu's family invite you to “please help us in honoring an esteemed woman and warrior for the children of Seattle Public Schools. Together, we will celebrate Betty’s new beginnings and blessed life.” 

Join Seattle Public Schools in celebrating Director Patu's legacy on June 26 from 3 - 4 p.m. in the John Stanford Auditorium, 2445 3rd Ave. S, Seattle, WA 98134. 


Director Patu has served 10 years as the District VII (7) school board director and is the longest serving director of the current board. 

Her dedication and commitment to her district and all of Seattle Public Schools has been unwavering. She has served with passion and her commitment to students has positively influenced the culture of the board, district, and communities she serves.

Seattle Public Schools regards Director Patu as a a hardworking, committed school board director who is a true example of public service and an inspiration for many.

“My husband Paul Patu and my brother Reverend Tony Talaga, both stood firmly by my side, from the time I was elected to the School Board until their passing," said Director Patu.  "Their spirit will continue to stand with me as I serve my community in a new capacity. I am so proud of my children, the Patu Warriors, for continuing our legacy to serve the Southeast community wholeheartedly. They will continue to advocate and represent our community with strength and passion. I know I leave our students and families in good hands. My retirement plans include a lot of rest and relaxation and enjoying my grandchildren.”

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces