From SPS Communications:
Garfield and Roosevelt high schools are ranked in the top 10 for students receiving the Washington State Honors Award. Garfield is ranked 8th and Roosevelt is ranked 9th – tied with Brainbridge High School.
The Washington State Honors Award Program honors the top 10 percent of the current year's graduating class from Washington state.
To qualify for the award a student must rank in the top 10 percent of this year’s high school graduating class. The ranking is determined by an index, which considers Grade Point Average and college prep test scores.
Furthermore, a student must have completed at least 75 percent of the credits required for graduation and be enrolled in at least three academic core subjects in Grade 12.
Of the 260 school districts in the state, the following heads the list for having the most recipients.
1. Newport High School - Bellevue School District
2. Skyline High School - Issaquah School District
3. Mercer Island High School - Mercer Island School District
4. Eastlake High School - Lake Washington School District
5. Inglemoor High School - Northshore School District
6. Issaquah High School - Issaquah School District
7. Bellevue High School - Bellevue School District
8. Garfield High School - Seattle School District
9. Roosevelt High School - Seattle School District (tied with Bainbridge High School - Bainbridge School District)