FYI on Board Meetings Today (Wednesday the 2nd)

I note that the Board meeting agenda shows that the Board Work Session on BTA III (the upcoming building repair levy plus the operating levy) is now from 4:00-5:00 (not 5:30). Apparently there is an Executive Session:

"re: negotiations and review of a complaint against a public employee, 5:00-5:30p "

with the Board taking a half-hour break before the Board meeting.

Interesting. Who are they negotiating with? They signed off with the teachers, certificated staff and the principals. I'm thinking maybe the non-certificated workers? And complaint against a public employee is also interesting because it's the dead of summer. It seems an odd time to have this kind of complaint (unless they are just getting to something from the end of the school year in June).

Also, as was pointed out in another thread, only 4 people have signed up to speak. That means there are 16 spaces left. Have something you want to say to the Board? Come down and say it. You don't have to stay for the whole meeting; you can speak your piece and go. Sometimes it really works to say it outloud (because then you have, gee, at least 20 people watching at home :) and it's part of the public record of the meeting and THEN follow up with an e-mail to the Board (because then you are likely to get one reply).

Comments

Jet City mom said…
According to the personnel report quite a few teachers are resigning who I have personal experience with ( through my child). A few may be old enough to retire, but then wouldn't they be listed under retirements? It is a little disturbing and makes me curious.
ArchStanton said…
Not to hijack the thread, but the bus info is available. Call Transportation 252-0900 and go through the phone menus. They say you should get your letter by Friday. We can discuss further in the most recent bus thread.
Charlie Mas said…
There were very few people signed up to speak at the last meeting, so I got my name added to the list after the speakers had started.

I hadn't planned to speak, but I riffed for three minutes about the absences of a quarterly Strategic Plan update in June.

Since then, a six-slide powerpoint presentation for a June update (one that was never presented to the Board or the public) has appeared on the web page for the Strategic Plan.

According to the document properties, it was created on 7/14/09 - a bit late for the June label.

What could I talk about for three minutes tonight?
I'm thinking I might do a Chris Jackins piece.

For those who don't know Chris, he is a district watchdog who get through a lot of items in a short period of time by generally just naming things and why it is important with little or no embellishment. For those of us who like to elaborate, it's a challenge but I'm going to try it.
dan dempsey said…
I just finished my piece for tonight.

Given some inspiration from Melissa it centers on decision making and that "Accountability" = "Propaganda" because there is no accountability but the word appears most everywhere.

Here is my piece.
Dumbfounded said…
Is there a way to find out who the complaint is against? I know of one principal who has had several complaints against her with little to no action by the board or superintendent...including evidence of intimidating work environment after they spent quite a bit of money hiring a private investigator. I am new to this site & wondering if anyone knows how to get public disclosure on other harassment charges. I'd like to follow up on this & research whether or not the district is acting on these charges. Let me know what you think.
I doubt you can find out even with Public Disclosure who the person is. Now if you or someone who did file a complaint wanted to follow up and ask, "What happened to my complaint?" you would likely get some answer but I don't know how specific it would be.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

First Candidates for Seattle School Board Elections 2023