Seattle Schools Meetings, September 6-10th, 2011
Tuesday, Sept. 6th
- West Seattle Elementary starts school
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Denny Int'l Middle School from 1- 2 p.m.
- Audit & Finance Committee Mtg. (Audit) from 4-6 p.m. This meeting's agenda reflects topics on the audit response to both the performance audit of capital and the RSBDP (better known as Pottergate). Perhaps this means the King County Prosecutor has something to report from their investigation. There's a report from the new Internal Auditor, Anthony Medina. Not wasting any time, there will be discussion of the Series 5000 policies of the Board policies which look like they cover HR. Also, a discussion of audits other than those done by the SAO or Internal Auditor - interesting.
- First Day of school for SPS (fyi, the Superintendent will be visiting the new Lowell at Lincoln school from about 9-10 am. She will also be having lunch at RBHS at noon.)
- School Board meeting from 6-9 p.m.
- Audit & Finance Committee Mtg. (Finance) from 4-6 p.m.
- Candidate forum at 7:30 p.m. at the Haller Lake Community Club, 12579 Densmore Ave. N.
- Community Meeting with Director Carr from 8:30- 10:00 am at Bethany Community Church (brick building), 8023 Green Lake Dr.
- Community Meeting with Director Sundquist from 11:00 am-12:30 pm at High Point Library, 3411 SW Raymond St.
- Monday, September 12th - School Board Candidate Forum put on by the 37th Dems at 7 p.m. at the Rainier Beach Cultural Center, 3515 Alaska St. (The forum is prior to their general endorsement meeting.) Note: this moved from September 10th.
- Wednesday, September 28th - The Stranger's School Board candidate debate at Town Hall at 7:30 p.m at Town Hall. This is the one of the few forum/debates for just School Board candidates so you would get the most information here.
- Tuesday, October 11th - North Seattle School Board Candidate Forum, Olympic View Elementary, 504 NE 95th St. from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Free childcare available.
- Tuesday, October 18th - School Board Candidates forum from 6:30-9 p.m. at Madison Middle Schoool at 3429 45th Ave. SW. This is hosted by several West Seattle PTAs including Alki, Madison Middle, West Seattle High, Lafayette Elementary, Schmitz Park and Gatewood. From 6:30-7:00 p.m., there will be a meet-and-greet with the forum to follow.