Brilliant Story on Education Hypocrisy

An absolutely brilliant story appears on Crosscut, Business support for education: Just big talk? by Dick Nelson.

This story shines a bright light on the hypocrisy of Washington State business groups who decry the state of public education in Washington State - preK to college - but also adamantly refuse to pay any of the cost of improving it. It reveals them for the whiny babies they are. A few business organizations in particular are taken to task.

The whole story is written with a flat, Joe Friday, "Just the facts, ma'am" sort of tone. It's calm, rational, and devastating. I highly recommend it. I can't wait to see if there is any reaction.

Comments

dw said…
Did everyone catch Kate Martin's comment on that article? If you missed it, or read the article before she posted her comment, go check it out.

(hate this "prove you're not a robot" crap, really hard to post, I often don't bother anymore)
Jan said…
dw -- I hated the verification stuff initially too. Then I realized that some of the tests are simply unreadable. It's not me; it's "them." So I treat it as a game. If you try enough times (only once have I had to go beyond 3, and it usually works on the first or second try), you will get one that works.
Carol Lee said…
I agree but indeed you will get the hang of it in a few times.

colleges online

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?