Were You Ever 13? Do You Have (or Will Have) a 13-Year Old?

CNN is broadcasting a special report tonight, "Being 13: Inside Secret World of Teens."  I'll have to Tivo this one.  It's on at 9 pm EST (but CNN tends to have repeats of these things). 

It could be interesting.  It could be painful.  It could be eye-rolling.  I have no doubt that all of it is the reality of teens today (including this line):
"I would rather not eat for a week than get my phone taken away. It's really bad," said Gia, a13-year-old. "I literally feel like I'm going to die."
Sound familiar?

FYI, there is a very good film called, coincidentally, Thirteen, that is a semi-autobiographical film by Catherine Hardwicke.  I recommend it for parents of 13-year old girls.  It is, by turns, funny and scary and you should watch it (before your daughter does and gets ideas). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?