- first, money. Money is not going to win a position for anyone but no one can run without it. In fact, some groups might not give a candidate money if they don't already have some in their treasury (believing that they are not a serious candidate if they can't raise money). Please donate anything (even $10-20). Don't forget that Obama made (and continues to receive) a lot of little donations that add up.
- volunteer. Let the candidates know you want to help. It can be one time or a regular gig. For example, it is helpful to have a driver to take the candidates to the various events. That way the candidate can focus on preparing on what to say and not finding a parking place. Or, volunteer your front porch as a pickup spot for lawn signs. They need these in all areas of the city and it makes it easier for other supporters to get one if they know there is a nearby location.
- I know that Kate Martin could use help on her web page. Have a couple of hours to help with that? Contact her.
- Could you go to a farmers market or other venue for a couple of hours with a sign and literature?
- Could you track mentions of the candidate in the newspaper or on-line and compile it for them? That would be helpful.
- Or, just give them your name and e-mail so they can put it on their endorsement list AND volunteer list.
Marty McLaren for School Board
PO Box 46407
Kate Martin contact info:
Kate Martin for School Board
Sharon Peaslee contact info:
Sharon Peaslee for School Board
Michelle Buetow contact info:
Buetow for School Board