Jerry Seinfeld: "I think I’m on the spectrum" for Autism

From Disability Scoop: In what looked like a puff piece about Jerry Seinfeld, NBC pulled an astonishing admission from Seinfeld:

Seinfeld tells NBC News that he sees traits of autism in himself, indicating that he isn’t the best socially and does not always follow what others are saying.

“I think on a very drawn-out scale, I think I’m on the spectrum,” said Seinfeld, 60. “You’re never paying attention to the right things. Basic social engagement is really a struggle. I’m very literal, when people talk to me and they use expressions, sometimes I don’t know what they’re saying.”

“I don’t see it as — as dysfunctional. I just think of it as an alternate mindset,” he said.

It would be interesting to find out what his K-12 school experience was. 

FYI, Disability Scoop is a great resource on information on people with challenges. 


Comments

mirmac1 said…
We're everywhere. : )
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
n said…
I'm somewhere in the mix myself. There are so many "clubs" to belong to these days, do we all see ourselves as fitting in somewhere?

I am not diminishing your comment at all, mirmac1. But genuinely thinking it over. Is the clue our "social selves?"

BTW, should the final quotation marks be inside or outside the question mark? I've always wondered that. :) I'm chatty tonight.

And very upset with Obama's sudden attention to net neutrality.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?