Seattle speed bumps are working. From Seattle Bike Blog,
Total speeding on the streets near three elementary schools dropped between 79 – 88 percent after speed humps were installed, and high-end speeding was nearly eradicated according to SDOT.
Teacher who is challenged to spend two days as a high school student learns her own lessons.
- Students sit all day, and sitting is exhausting.
- High school students are sitting passively and listening during approximately 90 percent of their classes.
- You feel a little bit like a nuisance all day long.
- total enrollment 51,988 students in 97 schools
- F/RL is at 37.8%
- ELL is at 25.9%
- Sped is at 13.7%
- Over 1200 preschoolers are in SPS
- interesting stats on minority groups - Black, Asian and Hispanic/Latino are within 4 points of each other at 16.4%, 15.9% and 12.5% respectively.
- Budget - $689.4M for the General Fund
Catharine Blaine K-8 School*
Cleveland High School*
Franklin High School
Greenwood Elementary School*
Hamilton International Middle School*
Ingraham High School
Maple Elementary School
McDonald International Elementary School
Mercer International Middle School* (6th year in a row)
Pathfinder K-8 School
Wing Luke Elementary School*
*denotes schools that have won in previous years
What's on your mind?