From the Seattle Council PTSA
Thank you to Lauren McGuire, her Board and all those who serve on PTA Boards. It's a busy and sometimes tough job so thank you for your time and efforts. Lauren is a kind, calm and dedicated person (and is also a good sport).
Her letter to members:
Dear Seattle PTA and PTSA Members,
Summer is here! I hope you all find time to spend with your kids and enjoy some recreational time. Before I sign off as Seattle Council PTSA President, I'd like to thank the current SCPTSA Board for their dedication.
- Ann Weber -- Vice President and Acting NW Area Director
- Dianne Casper -- Treasurer
- Andrea Bown -- Secretary
- Linnea Fichter -- Legislative Chair
- Daphne Dejanikus and Leanne Hawkins -- Enrichment and Reflections Co-Chairs
- Sebrena Burr and Carlina Brown-Banks -- SE Area Directors
- Monica Mace -- Northeast Area Director
- Katherine Schomer -- Central Area Director
- Leda Goncharoff -- Interim eNews Editor
- Sharon Rodgers -- Seattle Council PTSA's Service Delivery Team rep for Region 6
I'd like to offer a special thanks to Betsy Hudson who led the SCPTSA Building Use Committee. In the beginning of the year, SPS was charging rent to PTAs and their activity providers for before and after school enrichment activities. Betsy has worked tirelessly with district and PTA Enrichment Program Coordinators to raise awareness of the issue and ask for better policies and procedures on room reservations and other policies affecting enrichment programs. After working on this all year, we are very close to a solution. We will let you know as soon as we know. Coordinators and PTA leaders who wish to join the Enrichment Coordinator Google Group to receive updates and exchange information can contact Betsy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I've enjoyed these past two and half years working as your Seattle Council PTSA President. I've learned a lot and met many wonderful people who sincerely want the best for all Seattle students. I wish the new Executive Committee -- Katherine Schomer, Linnea Fichter, Dianne Casper and Kathy Gerke-- all the best for next year.
President, Seattle Council PTSA