It looks like incumbents Peter Maier (up 2,992 votes), Sherry Carr (up 6,910 votes) and Harium Martin-Morris (up15,158 votes) will be returned to office.
Only challenger Marty McLaren appears to have won her race against Steve Sundquist (up by 1,831 votes).
- I am amazed at the number of people who said they hadn't gotten their votes in until yesterday or today. What it could mean for any candidate, I don't know.
- If late ballots can still flip an election, would that mean Marty McLaren could still lose to Steve Sundquist BUT it flips Sharon Peaslee to beating Peter Maier? That could be one outcome if there are still enough votes out there (although the McLaren/Sundquist race is much closer).
- I did have a feeling about the McLaren/Sundquist race only because that district seemed to have the most personal anger at the incumbent as compared to the other districts.
- The reporter from The Stranger took a look at the vote totals, noted the Buetow/Martin-Morris race and said, "It's our fault." I don't know that it's anyone's "fault" but that skewed vote total, compared to the other races, was telling.
- The party at Rosita's was still fun and spirits were high and the challengers were all proud of their efforts and those of their supporters.