News from Around the District
The district's School Beat newsletter is now available. Some of the stories:
- how to find out if school is delayed or canceled this winter
- Aki Kurose students break world record in 10-minute indoor rowing
- Jane Addams K-8 had a Science Career day with 19 scientists, professors and engineers.
- Roosevelt's Jazz Band will be playing its annual Duke Ellington's Jazz Nutcracker this weekend.
- Nathan Hale High School is having its annual poinsettias sale to benefit it horticulture program.
- Remember those defibrillators the district installed through The Heart of Seattle Schools project? One of them saved a life recently when an employee at South Shore used one on a friend who collapsed while playing basketball at South Shore. It only took one shock to bring him back and 911 was there on the scene to take him to the hospital.
- John Muir Elementary won the Seattle MathFest 2011 Spirit Award and MLK, Jr. Elementary took second-place at the MathFest held on November 3rd.
- Ten - count 'em - ten short films by Ballard High video production students were named "works of merit" by the young People's Film Festival, a six-state regional festival.