The Commissioner of Education in Florida is the equivalent to the State Superintendent in Washington State. He/she reports to the Governor as an agency head. The salary range is $195k-275k.
Reading through the qualifications, I noted a few areas where Dr. Goodloe-Johnson might run into trouble:
• Inspires trust, possesses self-confidence, and models high standards of integrity.
• Possesses excellent communication skills and can effectively establish dialogue with all stakeholder groups.
• Is a “team player” who inspires others by example.
• Creates an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect, open channels of communication and shared decision-making.
The TampaBay.com site says this:
We provided a partial list on Thursday evening. Here are the additional names provided this afternoon:
- Oleh Bula, an Orlando charter school principal
- Edward Hashey Jr., Manatee County school teacher
- Maria Goodloe-Johnson, former Seattle schools superintendent (dismissed in a financial scandal in March)
- Ellen Ryan, Nassau County school principal
- Scott Whittle, Leon County school teacher
Scary. Or, that blog also has the bead on the Broad Foundation's Superintendent Charm School.