Work Session on Integrated Capacity Management - 4:00 - 4:45 p.m. No agenda/presentation available yet.
Exit Conference for Financial Statements and Federal Single Audit Report - 4:45 -5:30 p.m. - This would appear to be for the State Auditor's office. I'll call for more details.
Board Meeting - 6:00 - 9:00 pm. Agenda
- Science update by Cathy Thompson - ( for fun, look for those grammatical errors). They feel they need to keep explaining what alignment is and is not but teachers, how are you seeing the alignment as it rolls out? Page 8 gives the science scores for last year - there is quite a clear divide and I'd be interested to know what factors are in play. (It can't be facilities; Nova does almost as well as the higher ranked schools like Garfield and Center.) There is finally a written validation process - again, teachers how likely is it an alternative science course can be validated as this is written? They are piloting a physical science assessment at Garfield and Ballard.
- Lots of revisions to Board policies on homework, promotion/retention/student fees (Pay for K going up $30/month)
- Revision to BEX Oversight Committee. As soon as this gets approved, I hope some of you with either a construction, architecture or building management background might consider applying.
- approval of academic calendars for 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 (noting that for the latter the district will go to a 4-day Mid-Winter break)
- intro of high school science and high school social studies instructional materials. These both have long explanations and attachments.
- the agreement with the City for help with ethics and whistleblower protection. The district will pay the City $125k per year (ouch) but "the funding level is not quite sufficient for one full-time City employee."
- library collections for Rainier View ES, Viewlands ES and Queen Anne ES at a cost of $115k each.
Operations Committee - 4-6:00 p.m. Agenda - review of garbage/recycling contracts, more Board policy revisions, capital budget, energy conservation, lessons learned from recent computer security breach, BEX IV planning, policy on security cameras in school, nutrition policy.