As previously noted, 8 am today is the sign-up time for the Speakers list for the School Board meeting on Wednesday. They are likely to take 25 speakers as I'm sure many parents will be calling in to get onto the list.
Curriculum & Instruction Committee meeting, 4-6 p.m. Agenda. This agenda has been drastically clipped since it was last viewed. Gone is discussion of AP Computer Science and Policy 3130 (Student Assignment). What is left is the Annual Approval of Schools, Math Adoption Progress Report, and Policy 2255, Alternative Learning Experience Schools OR Programs. Hmm.
Tuesday, Oct. 15
Candidate forum at Center House at Seattle Center, put on by City Club. Doors open at 5 p.m. and the Mayoral and School Board candidates are to be there.
Wednesday, Oct. 16th
School Board meeting at 4:15 p.m. Agenda (partially noted below)
- revised policy 2015 - Selection/Adoption of Instructional Materials.
- Kind of sad, Acceptance of work performed under Public Works: Purchase/Move/Set-up Portable Classroom Modules at Multiple School Sites. Total cost: nearly $1M from two capital sources for 25 classrooms at 10 schools (to note; this is not the total number of new portables.)
- First Intro item; Growth Boundaries for Student Assignment
- Second Intro item: Intermediate Capacity Management Plan to Support Implementation of Growth Boundaries and BEX IV - to be released sometime tomorrow.
- Approval of Superintendent/Board Self-Evaluation instrument(s)
Road Map to College; college application event for seniors from 2:30-5:30 pm at West Seattle High School
Operations Committee Meeting, 4-6 pm. No agenda yet. (Note; this would seem to interfere with all the directors being at the Work Session for Growth Boundaries. I'll have to check to see what the situation will be.
Work Session: Growth Boundaries from 4:30-6:00 pm.
Saturday, October 19th
Community Meeting with Director DeBell, 9-11am at Caffe Appassionato by Fisherman's Terminal.
Community Meeting with Director Martin-Morris, 9:30-111:30 am at Diva Espresso at Lake City Way.