Those 24 do NOT include whatever letters of intent that Spokane School District received as it is the only school district in the state to be a charter school authorizer.
All full applications must be in on November 22nd.
Seattle Weekly had a good story on Puget Sound hopefuls who are getting a boost via the Washington State Charter Schools Association (and, of course, the money coming from the Gates Foundation). Three different women each received $100k for their charter school planning.
A second charter group out of California, Summit Public Schools that runs high schools, has filed (joining Green Dot).
The newest entries are signalled by a *.
- Academy of Continuing Education - Cesar Chavez Charter School (PDF) (Yakima)
- Cedar River Academy (PDF) (Enumclaw)
- E.Y.E. Academy (PDF) (Seattle)
- First Place (PDF)* (Seattle)
- Green Dot Public Schools Washington State (PDF) (Tacoma)
- International Technology and Education Institute (PDF) (Toppenish)
- New Path to Education and Sustainability (NPES) (PDF)*(Seattle)
- Pioneer School (PDF) (Spokane Valley)
- Pioneer Youth Corps (PDF) (Grays Harbor, Mason, Thurston Counties)
- Rainer Prep (PDF) (Highline)
- SOAR Academy (PDF) (Tacoma)*
- Summit Public Schools - Olympus (PDF) (Tacoma)*
- Summit Public Schools - Sierra (PDF)*(Seattle)
- Sunnyside Charter Academy (PDF) (Sunnyside)*
- Yakima Academy (PDF) (Yakima)
Update to the list:
Quantum Leap Educational Foundation (PDF) - K-12 (they put down Seattle/Puget Sound for area)
The Village Academy (PDF) - to be at JBLM, preK-8 (I believe this is a military wife that I saw on the news.)
I looked through all the letters - after checking, I'm getting a vibe off one that may indicate a Gulen charter (the largest charter chain in the country). Not good.