Kick-off To Families and Education Levy

I attended the kick-off event for the Families and Education Levy yesterday at El Centro de la Raza. 

There were the usual suspects; the Mayor, Councilman Tim Burgess (he heads the Council's Public Safety and Education Committee), Superintendent Enfield, Olga Addae (SEA), and various other education supporters. 

Just to note, the only School Board candidates I saw were Sherry Carr and Michelle Buetow.  (If I missed anyone, please let me know and I will update this thread.  It was a small space but crowded.)

I have to say it was a little disappointing in that there was only one City Councilperson and one School Board member in attendance.  Maybe they are going to participate in other events around this important levy but it seems like for the kick-off (and, if you are running to be reelected to the Board), you might at least be there to show your support. 

Comments

Charlie Mas said…
Gee, I wonder if the City's Fmailies and Education Levy could have, as a project, the streamlining of the central administration, complete with a narrowed purpose and a strict reduction in staffing.

That's a project I could really get behind.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Why the Majority of the Board Needs to be Filled with New Faces

Who Is A. J. Crabill (and why should you care)?